Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

HAPPY 70th BIRTHDAY MUHAMMAD ALI (CASSIUS CLAY)






HAPPY 70th BIRTHDAY MUHAMMAD ALI



The Rumble in the Jungle

 
Muhammad Ali vs George Foreman




On Muhammad Ali's 70th birthday, we take a look at the best videos and quotes from sport's greatest showman.


Mohammad Ali at the Atlanta Olympics. This is the entrance of the Olympic Flame into the Olympic Stadium and the Lighting of the Cauldron by Muhammad Ali hosted by Bob Costas & Dick Enberg to the music of Beetoven's "Ode to Joy". Athletes hand-off include:

ON HIMSELF
Rnd 1 - I done wrestled with an alligator, I done tussled with a whale, only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.

Rnd 2 - There's not a man alive who can whup me. I'm too fast. I'm too smart. I'm too pretty. I should be a postage stamp. That's the only way I'll ever get licked.

Rnd 3 - I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark.




Joe Frazier -vs- Muhammad Ali II 1/28/74 (abc) part 1


Rnd 4 - I am the astronaut of boxing. Joe Louis and Dempsey were just jet pilots. I'm in a world of my own.

Rnd 5 - If you dream of beating me, you'd better wake up and apologise.





Rnd 6 - There are two things that are hard to hit and see. That's a spooky ghost and Muhammad Ali.

Rnd 7 - One of these days, they're liable to make the house I grew up in a national shrine.


Muhammad Ali: The Greatest of all Time


ON JOE FRAZIER
Rnd 8 - Frazier is so ugly he should donate his face to the US Bureau of Wildlife.

Rnd 9 - Frazier is so ugly that when he cries, the tears turn around and go down the back of his head.




Mohammad Ali and Sylvester Stallone joking around at the Oscars®

ON GEORGE FOREMAN
Rnd 10 - I've seen George Foreman shadow boxing. And the shadow won.
Rnd 11 - It's a divine fight. This Foreman - he represents Christianity, America, the flag. I can't let him win. He represents pork chops.
ON FLOYD PATTERSON
Rnd 12 - I'll beat him so bad, he'll need a shoehorn to put his hat on.


Rome Olympics

Atlanta Olympics

Muhammad Ali receives a replacement medal for the one he lost from the 1960 Games of Rome from Juan Antonio Samaranch. Does anyone know what he says to Charles Barkely? Hosted by Bob Costas at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta during halftime of the US vs. Yugoslavia Bastketball game




ON SONNY LISTON
Rnd 13 - Sonny Liston is nothing. The man can't talk. The man can't fight. The man needs talking lessons. The man needs boxing lessons. And since he's gonna fight me, he needs falling lessons.

ON HOWARD COSSELL
Rnd 14 - You're always talking about, Muhammad, you're not the same man you were 10 years ago. Well, I asked your wife, and she told me you're not the same man you was two years ago!

ON GOLF
Rnd 15 - I'm the best. I just haven't played yet.
Eurosport


Best moments Cassius Clay-Muhammad Ali


"The Greatest" Muhammad Ali: He's still the most recognizable man on earth. And over forty years after he burst onto the scene as a gold-medal winner at the 1960 Rome Olympics,


Muhammad Ali's fight with Cleveland Williams- November 14 1966. Many consider this to be Ali's best
Ali with Mandela

Ali with Will Smith who played him in the Movie

No comments:

Post a Comment